Akkha script (used by Eastern Magar language) in ISO 15924?

Philippe Verdy via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Mon Jul 22 12:33:59 CDT 2019

Le lun. 22 juil. 2019 à 18:43, Ken Whistler <kenwhistler at sonic.net> a
écrit :

> See the entry for "Magar Akkha" on:
>
> http://linguistics.berkeley.edu/sei/scripts-not-encoded.html
>
> Anshuman Pandey did preliminary research on this in 2011.

That's what I said: 8 years ago already.

> http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2011/11144-magar-akkha.pdf
>
> It would be premature to assign an ISO 15924 script code, pending the
> research to determine whether this script should be separately encoded.

And before that, does it mean that texts have to use the "Brah" code for
early classification if they are tentatively encoded with Brahmi (and
tagged as "mgp-Brah", which should limit the impact, because there's no
other evidence that "mgp", the modern language, is related directly to the
old Brahmi script, when the "mgp" still did not even exist) ?