Unicode "no-op" Character?

Mark E. Shoulson via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Wed Jul 3 16:54:31 CDT 2019

What you're asking for, then, is completely possible and achievable—but
not in the Unicode Standard.  It's out of scope for Unicode, it sounds
like.  You've said you realize it won't happen in Unicode, but it still
can happen.  Go forth and implement it, then: make your higher-level
protocol and show its usefulness and get the industry to use and honor
it because of how handy it is, and best of luck with that.

~mark