Unicode "no-op" Character?

Philippe Verdy via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Wed Jul 3 03:55:23 CDT 2019

Also consider that C0 controls (like STX and ETX) can already be used for
packetizing, but immediately comes the need for escaping (DLE has been used
for that goal, jsut before the character to preserve in the stream content,
notably before DLE itself, or STX and ETX).
There's then no need at all of any new character in Unicode. But if your
protoclol does not allow any fom of escaping, then it is broken as it
cannot transport **all** valid Unicode text.