Ancient Greek apostrophe marking elision

Kalvesmaki, Joel via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Mon Jan 28 09:21:54 CST 2019

In publishing critical editions of ancient/medieval Greek texts, I regularly deals with editions that mix elision and closing single-quotation marks. That is, I cannot assume without context that an instance of U+2019 represents either an ancient/medieval elision mark or modern editorial punctuation. I therefore have no expectations on ideal behavior when double-clicking a string with U+2019.

Best wishes,

jk

--
Joel Kalvesmaki