Ancient Greek apostrophe marking elision

James Tauber via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Mon Jan 28 02:51:59 CST 2019

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 2:54 AM James Kass via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org>
wrote:

> at the keyboard driver level.  It's a presumption that Greek classicists
> are already specifying fonts and using dedicated keyboard drivers.
> Based on the description provided by James Tauber, it should be
> relatively simple to make the keyboard insert some kind of joiner before
> U+2019 if it follows a Greek letter. This would not be visible to the
> end-user.

As a user of the Greek - Polytonic Input Source on macOS, I can confirm
that when I'm entering U+2019 in a Greek context (via option-n)  the
keyboard is fully aware I'm in that Greek context. The virtual keyboard
could easily map option-n in Greek - Polytonic to a sequence of joiner plus
U+2019.

James