Ancient Greek apostrophe marking elision

James Kass via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Sun Jan 27 13:57:37 CST 2019

On 2019-01-27 7:09 PM, James Tauber via Unicode wrote:
> In my original post, I asked if a language-specific tailoring of the
> text segmentation algorithm was the solution but no one here has
> agreed so far.
If there are likely to be many languages requiring exceptions to the
segmentation algorithm wrt U+2019, then perhaps it would be better to
establish conventions using ZWJ/ZWNJ and adjust the algorithm
accordingly so that it would be cross-languages.  (Rather than requiring
additional and open ended language-specific tailorings.) (I inserted
several combinations of ZWJ/ZWNJ into James Tauber's example, but
couldn't improve the segmentation in LibreOffice, although it was
possible to make it worse.)