Where is my character @?

Doug Ewell via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Wed Jan 9 16:15:08 CST 2019

James Kass wrote:

> It's probably old-fashioned to say that technology should be forced to
> accomodate people rather than the other way around.  But it's good to
> note that efforts are still being made on behalf of the users to make
> progress towards U.C.S. inclusion.

I'm as opposed to this proposal as I was in 2004, if not more so, and
I'm working on a brief response document for next week's UTC.

Among other things, it's not at all clear that the orthography using @,
cited in three works from a single publisher in 1998, has been adopted
or become particularly widespread within the Koalib community. (And no,
this does not constitute "disdain for the small community.")

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org