A last missing link for interoperable representation

James Kass via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Jan 8 15:11:07 CST 2019

Asmus Freytag wrote,

 > (for an extreme example there's an orthography
 > out there that uses @ as a letter -- we know that
 > won't work well with email addresses and duplicate
 > encoding of the @ shape is a complete non-starter).

Everything's a non-starter.  Until it begins.

Is this a casing orthography?  (Please see attached image.)

We've seen where typewriter kludges enabled users to represent the
glottal stop with a question mark (or a digit seven).  Unicode makes
those kludges unnecessary.

But we're still using typewriter kludges to represent stress in Latin
script because there is no Unicode plain text solution.