Proposal to add Roman transliteration schemes to ISO 15924.

विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki) via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Dec 3 06:12:23 CST 2019

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 5:07 PM Richard Wordingham via Unicode <
unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> However, as a locale for generated text, I feel it is inadequate.
> Wouldn't the expansion rules generate saṃti from संति rather than santi
> from सन्ति for 'they are'?

True. I suppose that someone wanting to replicate the "anusvAra instead of
nasal" shorthand in IAST would use a dravidian source script or a
non-sanskrit source language - or ask for inclusion of a modifier after
"iast" - like t-sa-m0-iast-anusavrashorthand

Vishvas /विश्वासः