PUA (BMP) planned characters HTML tables

Richard Wordingham via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Thu Aug 15 05:39:57 CDT 2019

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 23:32:37 +0000
James Kass via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> U+0149 has a compatibility decomposition.  It has been deprecated and
> is not rendered identically on my system.
> 'n ʼn
> ( ’n )

Compatibility decompositions are quite a mix, but are generally
expected to render differently.  If they were expected to render the
same, they would normally be canonical decompositions.

U+0149 and its decomposition naturally render very differently with a
monospaced font.  The same goes for the Roman numerals that the Far
East gave us.