What is the time frame for USE shapers to provide support for CV+C ?

Richard Wordingham via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Thu Aug 8 12:38:13 CDT 2019

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 00:33:47 +0000
Andrew Glass via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> I agree and understand that accurate representation is important in
> this case. It would be good to understand how widespread the issue is
> in order to begin to justify the work to retrofit shaping with
> normalization. The number of problematic strings may be small but the
> risk of regression in this case might be quite large.

Well, you could always reverse engineer HarfBuzz!

Just a reminder though.  You would be using a permutation of the
canonical combining classes - for Tai Tham, U+1A60 should be treated as
ccc=254, not ccc=0, and for Tibetan you would need to ensure that the
vowels below (ccc=132) came before the vowels above (ccc=130).