Symbols of colors used in Portugal for transport

Doug Ewell via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Mon Apr 29 13:02:44 CDT 2019

Philippe Verdy wrote:

> A very useful think to add to Unicode (for colorblind people) !
>
> http://bestinportugal.com/color-add-project-brings-color-identification-to-the-color-blind
>
> Is it proposed to add as new symbols ?

Well, it isn't proposed until someone proposes it.

At first I thought Emojination would be best to write this proposal, to
improve its chances of approval. But these aren't really emoji; they're
actual text-like symbols, of the type that has always been considered
appropriate for Unicode. (They're not "for transport" per se; they are a
secondary indication of colors, meant for the color-blind.)

One important question that a proposal would need to answer is whether
these symbols are actually used in the real world. They seem like a good
and innovative new idea, and there is always a desire to help people
with physical challenges; but neither of those is what Unicode is about.
For non-emoji characters, there is usually still a requirement to show a
certain level of actual usage.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org