Group separator migration from U+00A0 to U+202F

Marcel Schneider via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Sep 18 00:23:49 CDT 2018

> I aimed at correcting an error in CLDR, not at making French stand out.

So I've to confess that I did focus on French and only applied for fr-FR, but
there was a lot of work, see http://cldr.unicode.org/index/downloads/cldr-34#TOC-Growth
waiting for very few vetters. Nevertheless I also cared for English (see various tickets),
and also posted on CLDR-users in a belated P.S. that fr-CA hadn’t caught up the group
separator correction yet:
https://unicode.org/pipermail/cldr-users/2018-August/000825.html

Also I’m sorry for failing to provide appropriate feedback after beta release and to post
upstream messages urging to make sure all locales using space for group separator be
kept in synchrony.

I’m posting here with respect to people not monitoring CLDR-users Mail List. where this
post is expanded. For further details and CLDR ticket link, please look up:

https://unicode.org/pipermail/cldr-users/2018-September/000843.html

Regards,

Marcel