Shortcuts question

Martin J. Dürst via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Sun Sep 16 22:38:28 CDT 2018

On 2018/09/16 21:08, Marcel Schneider via Unicode wrote:

> An additional level of complexity is induced by ergonomics. so that most non-Latin layouts may wish to stick
> with QWERTY, and even ergonomic layouts in the footprints of August Dvorak rather than Shai Coleman are
> likely to offer variants with legacy Virtual Key mapping instead of staying in congruency with graphics optimized
> for text input.

 From my personal experience: A few years ago, installing a Dvorak
keyboard (which is what I use every day for typing) didn't remap the
control keys, so that Ctrl-C was still on the bottom row of the left
hand, and so on. For me, it was really terrible.

It may not be the same for everybody, but my experience suggests that it
may be similar for some others, and that therefore such a mapping should
only be voluntary, not default.

Regards,   Martin.