The encoding of the Welsh flag

Ken Whistler via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Wed Nov 21 12:00:56 CST 2018

Michael,

On 11/21/2018 9:38 AM, Michael Everson via Unicode wrote:
> What really annoys me about this is that there is no flag for Northern Ireland. The folks at CLDR did not think to ask either the UK or the Irish representatives to SC2 about this.

Neither CLDR-TC nor SC2 has any jurisdiction here, so this is rather non
sequitur.

If you or Andrew West or anyone else is interested in pursuing an emoji
tag sequence for an emoji flag for Northern Ireland, then that should be
done by submitting a proposal, with justification, to the Emoji
Subcommittee, which *does* have jurisdiction.

https://unicode.org/emoji/proposals.html

See in particular, Section M of the selection criteria.

--Ken