Aleph-umlaut

Mark E. Shoulson via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Sat Nov 10 20:24:34 CST 2018

Oh yeah, fun fact about this document that I linked at the outset: I
found it like 10 years ago when researching something unrelated... it
apparently is a ruling opposing an earlier announcement by another group
of Rabbis, declaring it void.  And looking at the rabbis they say are
supporting them in this decision, I see they mention Rabbi Joseph Rosen,
chief Rabbi of "Wisloch".  And I think to myself, "How interesting.  I
have a great-grandfather who was named Rabbi Joseph Rosen, chief Rabbi
of a town called Swisloch" (with an S; presumably an error in the
pamphlet.)  I checked with my father; the timing is about right, would
have been shortly before he came to America.  The Internet moves in
mysterious ways.

~mark