mail attribution (was: A sign/abbreviation for "magister")

Janusz S. Bień via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Fri Nov 2 01:05:06 CDT 2018

On Thu, Nov 01 2018 at  6:43 -0700, Asmus Freytag via Unicode wrote:
> On 11/1/2018 12:52 AM, Richard Wordingham via Unicode wrote:
>
>  On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 11:35:19 -0700
> Asmus Freytag via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

[...]

> Unfortunately, your emails are extremely hard to read in plain text.
> It is even difficult to tell who wrote what.

My previous mail is unfortunately an example.

> Not sure why that is. After they make the round trip, they look fine
> to me.

When displaying your HTML mail, Emacs Gnus doesn't show correctly the
attributions. If I forget to edit it by hand when replying, we get the
confusion like in my previous mail.

I guess I should submit this as a bug or feature request to Emacs
developers. Perhaps Richard Wordingham should do the same for the mail
agent he uses.

Best regards

Janusz

--