The Unicode Standard and ISO

Andrew West via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Fri Jun 8 07:31:14 CDT 2018

On 8 June 2018 at 13:01, Michael Everson via Unicode
<unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> I wonder if Mark Davis will be quick to agree with me �� when I say that ISO/IEC 15897 has no use and should be withdrawn.

It was reviewed and confirmed in 2017, so the next systematic review
won't be until 2022. And as the standard is now under SC35, national
committees mirroring SC2 may well overlook (or be unable to provide
feedback to) the systematic review when it next comes around. I agree
that ISO/IEC 15897 has no use, and should be withdrawn.

Andrew