Diacritic marks in parentheses

Marcel Schneider via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Thu Jul 26 16:33:03 CDT 2018

Indeed when target use is general, dialectological diacritics are visibly not an option, as
despite being in Unicode since v7.0 (2014), they are still unsupported by mainstream.
Writing “der Arzt oder die Ärztin” or, depending on context, “einen Arzt oder eine Ärztin”,
which I remember being common on package leaflets, is best practice.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Marcel