Diacritic marks in parentheses

William_J_G Overington via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Thu Jul 26 15:12:46 CDT 2018

Hi Markus

> I would not expect for Ä+combining () above = Ä᪻ to look right except with specialized fonts.

I had a go making a font this afternoon (that is, afternoon United Kingdom time) and I am pleased with the result.

As well as with a capital A the two combining characters also work well together with a capital O and with a capital U, though I do not know any German words where a test could be done - I only know a very very small amount of German, quite literally.

Here is a forwarding of a post that I sent around to a few people, including an image.

You are welcome to download the font and use it if you so choose.

Best regards,

William Overington

Thursday 26 July 2018

----

Hi

I have enjoyed this thread and I have now made a font that implements the original request.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/questtext20180726.otf

Please find attached a graphic produced in the PagePlus X5 desktop publishing package using the font.

Here is the sequence of characters used to produce the graphic.

Ä̈᪻rzt/in

That is nine characters, with the plain A having two combining characters combining with it.

I have enjoyed making the font.

Best regards,

William Overington

Thursday 26 July 2018