Unicode 11 Georgian uppercase vs. fonts

Alexey Ostrovsky via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Thu Jul 26 15:11:40 CDT 2018

> From what you say, the new letter characters don't sound like title
> case letters. Title case is what one uses when words normally start with
> a capital and continue in small letters, but some letters act like
> ligatures of two letters and the appropriate form for an initial letter
> is like a ligature of a capital letter and a small letter.

Yes, you are right, this is my mistake. Sorry, I didn’t mean to confuse
with a typography terminology here (which is not excuse, of course). What I
mean is a kind of optional text transformation like small-caps or
uppercase, optionally(!!) used in the Latin script to render a title (just
for distinguishing from the rest of the text).

The situation with the Georgian script differs from the English or Cyrillic
essentially, mixing cases is not allowed (as far as we can state anything
for a writing system, which is usually very flexible).