Unicode, emoji and Sundar Pichai

Doug Ewell via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Fri Jul 13 17:09:04 CDT 2018

Yuhong Bao wrote:

> I wonder how much Sundar Pichai (CEO of Google) participate in Unicode
> (especially the emoji part)?
> Would he be interested in Unicode UTC meetings for example?

Google currently has a representative on the Unicode Board of Directors
(Bob Jung), the Unicode Consortium President, CLDR Technical Committee
chair, and Emoji Subcommittee chair (Mark Davis), and the ICU Technical
Committee chair (Markus Scherer).

With apologies to James Kass, I would speculate that Mr. Pichai is a
busy man and is quite satisfied with Google's representation within the
Unicode organization.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org