0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

Andre Schappo via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Fri Jan 26 02:25:10 CST 2018

Talking of typing names correctly. Few people bother to type the acute accent in André.

This academic year, for the first time ever, I gave the following challenges to my web programming class of 143 students. I gave these challenges in the first lecture.

①  learn how to write my name correctly on your desktop computers and mobile phones
② whenever you email me, ensure you write my name correctly

I am pleased to report that the majority of this class now do type my name correctly when emailing me ��

André Schappo