0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

Doug Ewell via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Thu Jan 25 08:14:46 CST 2018

Philippe Verdy wrote:

> So there will be a new administrative jargon in Kazakhstan that people
> won't like, and outside the government, they'll continue using their
> exiosting keyboards [...]
>
> Newspapers and books will continue for a wihile being published in
> Cyrillic [...]

Yes, it will be a mess. I think we can agree on that.

> Soon they will realize that this is not sustainable

And that, only that, is what will cause them to change it.

Shriramana Sharma wrote:

> Sir why this assumption that everyone here is "western"? I'm situated
> at an even more eastern longitude than Kazakhstan.

Most of the participants in this "apostrophe" thread appeared to be from
North America and Western Europe; I think you're the only one who
expanded that. I wasn't referring to the geographical or cultural makeup
of the list as a whole.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org