0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

Doug Ewell via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Wed Jan 24 16:19:07 CST 2018

James Kass wrote:

> Heh. We are offering sound advice. If people fail to heed it, that's
> too bad.

We're offering excellent advice, very well informed. But the leadership
has made the decision that it has made. All the news stories say that
linguistic experts in Kazakhstan offered similar good advice, and were
disheartened to learn it was ignored completely.

Richard Wordingham wrote:

> Is it only in English then that typing an apostrophe key after a
> letter can't be relied UPON to yield U+0027 rather than U+2019?

Um, I always get U+0027 when I expect it.

Oh wait, you must be talking about AutoCorrect on Microsoft Word. Just
visit AutoCorrect Options and turn off that particular "replace as you
type" option, and be done with it.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org