0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

David Starner via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Jan 23 13:35:51 CST 2018

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 10:55 AM Doug Ewell via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org>
wrote:

> I think it's so cute that some of us think we can advise Nazarbayev on
> whether to use straight or curly apostrophes or accents or x's or
> whatever. Like he would listen to a bunch of Western technocrats.

Kazakh has a perfectly servicable alphabet right now, that they probably
have a bunch of keyboards that work for it. And I'm sure there's some
Turkish firm that would be happy to deliver Turkish keyboards in bulk at
quite reasonable prices. There's reasons why they're changing to an ASCII
Latin script, and they're connected to the reasons he might listen to
Western technocrats.