0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

Doug Ewell via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Jan 23 12:51:42 CST 2018

I think it's so cute that some of us think we can advise Nazarbayev on
whether to use straight or curly apostrophes or accents or x's or
whatever. Like he would listen to a bunch of Western technocrats.

An explicitly stated goal of the new orthography was to enable typing
Kazakh on a "standard keyboard," meaning an English-language one.
Nazarbayev may ultimately be persuaded to embrace ASCII digraphs, which
also meet this goal, but this talk about U+2019 and U+02BC will make
exactly zero difference in Kazakh policy.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org