Emoji for major planets at least?

John H. Jenkins via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Thu Jan 18 12:01:43 CST 2018

Well, you can go with Venus = white planet, Mercury = grey planet, Uranus = greenish planet, Neptune = bluish planet, Jupiter = striped planet.

As you say, though, without a context, none of them convey much and Venus, at least, would just be a circle.

Plus there's the question of the context in which someone would want to send little pictures of the planets. This sounds like it would be adding emoji just because.