0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

Shriramana Sharma via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Jan 16 02:10:19 CST 2018

Rejecting the digraph method (which is probably the simplest) doesn't have
much meaning because they have different sounds in different languages all
the time like ch in English and German.

Anyhow, it certainly can be difficult convincing non technical political
people.

Modifier letters are more legible than modifier punctuation IMO so that
maybe an option

And the labels on keycaps don't mean anything at all. We in India use the
plain QWERTY keyboard all the time for our scripts.

In any case, the linguistic committee should present their recommendation
along with a new set of actual keycaps and an MSKLC or such input method to
just show the president that what is recommended can be input using "a
standard keyboard".