Unifying E_Modifier and Extend in UAX 29 (i.e. the necessity of GB10)

Mark Davis ☕️ via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Jan 2 04:41:16 CST 2018

We had that originally, but some people objected that some languages
(Arabic, as I recall) can end a string of letters with a ZWJ, and
immediately follow it by an emoji (without an intervening space) without
wanting it to be joined into a grapheme cluster with a following symbol.
While I personally consider that a degenerate case, we tightened the
definition to prevent that.

Mark

Mark