Private Use areas

Janusz S. Bień via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Thu Aug 23 13:30:52 CDT 2018

On Thu, Aug 23 2018 at 17:11 +0100, unicode at unicode.org writes:
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 14:10:35 +0200
> "Janusz S. Bień via Unicode" <unicode at unicode.org> wrote:
>
>> What kind of software do you have in mind?
>>
>> I'm primarily interested in the locally developed programs
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/jsbien/unihistext/
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/jsbien/fntsample-fork-with-ucd-comments/
>
> It looks as though the security certificates are awry - has someone
> forgotten to pay the protection money to the right people?  (Firefox
> objects with "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because
> the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.")

I see no such problems with Firefox ESR 52.9.0 on Debian
testing. Moreover the program reports that the certificate is valid till
04/21/2020.

>> and in Emacs - to my disappointed it looks like the Unicode data are
>> set at the compile time, but perhaps this can be negotiated with the
>> developers.
>
> Can you be more specific?

I often search characters by name with C-x 8 Return. I would like to use
it also for MUFI characters, I have already the name list (the example
directory at https://bitbucket.org/jsbien/unihistext/). I haven't looked
very closely into the problem and don't remember now the details, but my
impression was that it's not simple.

Best regards

Janusz

--