IBM 1620 invalid character symbol

Philippe Verdy via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Wed Sep 27 16:08:15 CDT 2017

But it is not the case for this early computer, whose typewriter terminal
is clearly using non-interchangeable font balls but old metalic type on a
"wheel of hammers".
It's clearly also that this is not that typerwriter (described in the
munalk) that was used to typeset the manual using more conventional
typophaphic tools used by book editors.
So we can't compare what is in the manual with what was actually printed
(as described in the manual).