IBM 1620 invalid character symbol

John W Kennedy via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Sep 26 08:03:00 CDT 2017

I don’t know what your snippet is from, but the normally authoritative IBM manual, A26-5706-3, IBM 1620 CPU Model 1 (July, 1965) displays what is clearly the Cyrillic letter. Whether it should be regarded as that, or as a distinct character, is another question. See http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/1620/A26-5706-3_IBM_1620_CPU_Model_1_Jul65.pdf