IBM 1620 invalid character symbol

Leo Broukhis via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Sep 26 01:34:34 CDT 2017

The glyph there looks more like U+1D219 Greek vocal notation symbol-51:
http://shapecatcher.com/unicode/info/119321
than a Ж.

If it was implemented as an overprint, either )^H|^H( or \^H|^H/ and was
intended to signify an invalid character
(for example, in the text part of core dumps, where a period is used by
hexdump -C), then there would not be a physical key to generate it.