Comparing Raw Values of the Age Property

Janusz S. Bien via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue May 23 06:04:58 CDT 2017

Quote/Cytat - Manuel Strehl via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org> (Tue 23
May 2017 11:33:24 AM CEST):

> The rising standard in the world of web development (and others) is called
> »Semantic Versioning« [1], that many projects adhere to or sometimes must
> actively explain, why they don't.
>
> The structure of a »semantic version« string is a set of three integers,
> MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH, where the »sematics« part lies in a kind of contract
> between author and user, when to increment which part.

Perhaps I am missing something, but I don't understand this thread. Cf.

http://unicode.org/versions/

Version numbers for the Unicode Standard consist of three fields,
denoting the major version, the minor version, and the update version,
respectively.

The differences between major, minor, and update versions are as follows:

[...]

Best regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra
Lingwistyki Formalnej)