Comparing Raw Values of the Age Property

Richard Wordingham via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Mon May 22 17:49:31 CDT 2017

On Mon, 22 May 2017 17:19:08 -0500
Anshuman Pandey <pandey at umich.edu> wrote:

> I performed several operations on DerivedAge.txt a few months ago.
> One basic example here:
>
> https://pandey.github.io/posts/unicode-growth-UCD-python.html

So what happens if you apply it to Unicode Version 10.0?  Are the
versions sorted as strings, as real numbers, or just in the order of
the data in DerivedAge.txt.

> If you provide some more insight into your objective, I might be able
> to help.

One of the objectives is to use a current version of the UCD to
determine, for example, which characters were in Version x.y.  One
needs that for a regular expression such as [:Age=3.0:], which
also matches all characters that have survived since Version 1.1.
Another is to record for which versions of the standard a character had
some particular value of a property.