abstract characters, semantics, meaningful transformations ... Was: Tibetan Paluta

Naena Guru via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Mon May 1 09:19:27 CDT 2017

This whole attempt to make digitizing Indic script some esoteric,
'abstract', 'semantic representation' and so on seems to me is an
attempt to make Unicode the realm of the some super humans.

The purpose of writing is to represent speech. It is not some secret
that demi-gods created that we are trying to explain with 'modern'
linguistic gymnastics. sound => letter that is the basis for writing.
English writing was massacred when printing was brought in from Europe.
A similar thing is happening to Indic by all this mumbo-jumbo.

I call out to NATIVE users of Indic to explain what apparently Europeans
or Americans are discussing here.