[OT] Europe vs. European Union (was: Re: Unicode Emoji 5.0 characters now final)

Manuel Strehl boldewyn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 02:10:08 CDT 2017

Maybe I'm missing context, but what is the specific problem of those lists
differing?

The EU and Europe _are_ two different things. The United States of America
similarly do not include the whole of America, despite the name.

And Norway and Switzerland and some others (incl. soon England) might not
be too happy with either institution to make a forced move to unify those
lists.

–Manuel