different version of common/annotations/ja.xml

Takao Fujiwara tfujiwar at redhat.com
Mon Mar 27 04:00:21 CDT 2017

Hi,

Do you have any chances to create a different version of ja.xml of the Japanese emoji annotation?
http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/tags/latest/common/annotations/ja.xml

That file includes Hiragana only but I'd need another file which has the committed strings, likes ja_convert.xml.
E.g.
                <annotation cp="♂">男 | 男性 | シンボル</annotation>

instead of

                <annotation cp="♂">おとこ | だんせい | しんぼる</annotation>

I think the committed version is useful without input method and it follows other languages.

Thanks,
Fujiwara