emoji props in the ucdxml ?

Daniel Bünzli via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Thu Jul 6 13:05:03 CDT 2017

Ken,

Thanks for your explanations.

I would just like to note that UAX42 expresses a general xml data format to associate properties to code points. So it would be possible for the standard maintainers to publish, independently from the UCD, alongside the ad-hoc text files, xml files that have the properties.

Best,

Daniel

P.S. I don't have a particular obsession or love with XML but when I started to implement bits of the standard a few years ago I apparently made the mistake to think that the UTC would eventually move away from creating ad-hoc text files and favour the structured data format of the ucdxml. So most of my implementation pipeline is geared at consuming character properties from these files.