emoji props in the ucdxml ?

Ken Whistler via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Wed Jul 5 13:59:31 CDT 2017

On 7/5/2017 10:01 AM, Daniel Bünzli via Unicode wrote:
> I know the emoji properties [1] are no formally part of the UCD (not sure exactly why though),

Because they are maintained as part of an independent standard now (UTS
#51), which is still on track to have a faster turnaround -- and hence
faster data updates -- not synched with the annual versions of the
Unicode Standard. Hence they cannot be formally a part of the UCD --
unless the entire Unicode Standard were going to be churned on a faster
cycle as well.

> but are there any plans to integrate the data in the ucdxml [2] (possibly as separate files) ?

No. Not unless and until they become formally part of the UCD.

--Ken