Implications of Logical Order Exception Property

Markus Scherer markus.icu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:27:52 CST 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Richard Wordingham <
richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I now have a clutch of errors to report on Unicode's use of the term
> 'logical order' and references to logical_order_exception:
>
> 1) Claims that Thai is not encoded in logical order in
>   Technical Report 10 (Collation)
>   UCD file IndicPositionalCategory.txt
> 2) Claims that logical_order_exception is relevant for searching (TUS,
> as above)

It informs the construction of the DUCET and could be used to
suppress_contractions in a search tailoring (see CLDR root collation data
file).

Should I make this one report or three reports?

I think one report would be better.

I would wait a few days to see if there is more feedback here on the list.

markus