Misspelling or Miscoding?

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Wed Jan 18 14:35:55 CST 2017

Richard Wordingham wrote:

> I think it is not a 'typographical error' if it renders as it should!

What if it renders correctly on some systems but not on others?

I do see your point, though. Writing systems that permit different
spellings of the same glyph (cluster), only one of which is 'correct'
even after normalization, can be tricky like this. I think this would
still be a matter of 'misspelling' rather than 'miscoding' because a
typist should not have to be concerned with character codes per se.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org