Sanskrit -e/o a- Sandhi in Devanagari

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 24 16:32:02 CST 2017

The usual form of this sandhi in modern Sanskrit is described as the a-
dropping and being replaced by avagraha.  If word boundaries are
represented by SPACE, am I correct in believing that the change in
codepoints is:

<U+0020 SPACE, U+0905 LETTER A> becomes <U+200B ZERO WIDTH SPACE, U+093D
DEVANAGARI SIGN AVAGRAHA>

I ask because I have seen lines starting with avagraha, though within a
line there seems not to be a space before avagraha.  (I am ignoring
didactic writing which shows sandhi effects but leaves a space between
the original words.)