Re: Aquaφοβία

Mark Davis ☕️ via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Sat Dec 9 09:31:06 CST 2017

Some people have been confused by the previous wording, and thought that it
wouldn't be legitimate to break on script boundaries. So we wanted to make
it clear that that was possible, since:

   1. Many implementations of rendering break text into script-runs before
   further processing, and
   2. There are certainly cases where user's expectations are better met
   with breaks on script boundaries*

We thus wanted to make it clear to people that it *is* a legitimate
customization to break on script boundaries.

* Clearly such an approach can't be hard-nosed: an implementation would
need at the very least to handle Common and Inherited specially: not impose
a boundary *because of script* where the SCX value is one of those, either
before or after a break point.

Any suggestions for clarifying language are appreciated.

Mark

Mark <https://twitter.com/mark_e_davis>