Armenian Mijaket (Armenian colon)

Philippe Verdy via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Dec 5 13:28:10 CST 2017

U+2024 is not supported in any fonts I have loaded. A websearch of mijaket
gives nothing.
U+20224 is used as a "leader dot", and does not match the expected metrics
(it is  certainly not a mijaket, it should be more like U+0589, i.e. as a
bold parallelogram, and not a thin leader dot).

Leader dots are NOT used as real punctuation, they are presentational, for
example in TOC (table of contents), where they are aligned in arbitrarily
long rows.

The note in http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2000.pdf is absolutely not
normative and in fact it is wrong in my opinion.

The mijaket (Armenian colon) should be encoded (preferably at U+0588 in the
Armenian block) as it also has to be distinguisdhed from leader dots in
Armenian TOC, exactly like the vertsaket was distinguished at U+0589.