Superscript and Subscript Characters in General Use / Re: French Superscript Abbreviations Fit Plain Text Requirements

Marcel Schneider via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Fri Apr 14 17:25:17 CDT 2017

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 10:30:17 +0100 (CET), I wrote:

> […] I now believe and will
> spread the word that […] on the other
> hand, the recommendations in TUS may be considered a mere official discourse for
> encoding process management purposes, but with little through no real impact on
> actual practice.
http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2017-m01/0119.html

That had little of a real intent, and much of a
formatted discourse—thus a kind of not fully
accurate uttering—intended to make aware that
untrue statements made on behalf of some entity
worsen the image of that entity and lessen the
overall reliability of related products. In this
specific context, I believed that an overstating
shortcut could have the most impact.

It was foreseeable that the weapons used by the UTC
would be returned against themselves at some point.
Having said that, I still always try to overcome and
to make the best of the existing, e.g. by providing
a facility for input of some most useful Latin superscript
small letters along with the other hard-to-access characters
of the target locale.

Regards,
Marcel