Proposal to add standardized variation sequences for chess notation

Richard Wordingham via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Wed Apr 12 02:59:26 CDT 2017

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 06:58:22 +0200
Philippe Verdy via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> This is the same problem. The same problem as crossword grids where
> we need also empty cells (and "black" cells which are equivalent to
> an empty cell with a black square symbol instead of letters).

And black cells with notches to accommodate the combining marks
etc. above and below from the white cells below and above.  I've seen
that in Thai crosswords.  Now, what character would we bend to
accommodate these notches?  I suspect this might be taking the encoding
of picture elements a bit too far.  What about circuit diagrams?