Proposal to add standardized variation sequences for chess notation

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 8 05:03:31 CDT 2017

I have made an OpenType font that implements Michael's proposed format and the extension of having variation selectors for the border units that Michael kindly added during the discussion.

I have published the font and the font is available, free, from the following forum thread.

http://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7033

Registration to the forum is possible, but is not necessary in order to download the font.

The font is Quest text 2017 which is a font derived from the Quest text font that was discussed in this thread a few days ago, so I had many of the necessary glyphs already available to use.

I enjoyed making the font. Michael's format works well in the Serif PagePlus X7 desktop publishing program where I tested it.

William Overington

Saturday 8 April 2017