PETSCII mapping?

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Thu Apr 6 12:43:45 CDT 2017

Michael Everson wrote:

> Everybody interested, raise your hand…

I'm in. <stands on the red mat>

Rebecca Bettencourt wrote:

> The question is, do we want to add these missing graphics characters
> incrementally, platform by platform, or put together a larger proposal
> for, say, one big Block Elements Extended block?

I would guess the latter. There's no tremendous rush; there should be
time to do a proper analysis of target platforms, evaluate which
proposed characters should be unified with existing or other proposed
characters, and so forth.

Of course there's no guarantee this will be the last request ever for
8-bit computer compatibility characters, but there doesn't seem much
point in intentionally dragging the process out, platform by platform.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org